Your dog or cat is not allowed to enter Australia until at least 180 days after the rabies blood sample. … In order to allow your dog or cat to be allowed into Australia, the Australian quarantine department will issue an import permit.
How much does it cost to fly a dog to Australia?
Approximate cost for importing a cat or dog into Australia can range from $5,000 – $10,000AUD depending on the number of pets you are Importing and the country they are being imported from. Our quotes include freight charges, import permits and quarantine fees.
How can I take my dog to Australia?
How to Move Your Pet to Australia
- Start planning at least 7 months before your move.
- Visit your vet and inform them that you’re moving your pet to Australia.
- Get your pet micro-chipped.
- Get your pet vaccinated against rabies.
- Get your pet tested for rabies.
- Get your vet to complete an RNAT test declaration.
How can I avoid pet quarantine in Australia?
To avoid an awkward situation at the Australian border, make sure your pet has received all the vaccinations required:
- A rabies vaccination within one year of entering Australia.
- Recommended cat vaccines – against feline enteritis, rhinotracheitis and calicivirus.
Do dogs have to quarantine in Australia?
All pet dogs and cats entering Australia from category II and III countries are required by the Australian Government to spend a minimum of ten days in the Post Entry Quarantine (PEQ) at Melbourne. The length of the quarantine depends on the country your pet is travelling from and your pet’s health status.
How long do dogs go into quarantine?
Currently, any dog, cat or ferret entering the UK must be vaccinated against and blood tested for the disease before being quarantined for six months.
How easy is it to take a dog to Australia?
You can import your cat or dog to Australia via an approved group 2 or 3 country. … Discuss your plan with your approved group 2 or 3 exporting country of choice. You must apply for an Australian import permit for your animal and the animal must meet all Australian import conditions from the approved exporting country.