How do I stop my dog from destroying my plants?
How to Keep Your Pets from Destroying Your Plants
- Give Your Pets Safe Toys. Plants offer everything a toy does: Something to chew on, bat at, or otherwise use to occupy time. …
- Spray Plants with Diluted Lemon Juice. …
- Make Sure Your Pets Get Enough Exercise. …
- Use Positive Reinforcement with Your Pets.
What to spray on plants to keep dogs from eating them?
To keep him away, spray plants with pungent white vinegar or apple bitter. Or plant marigolds between vegetable rows, which repel dogs and other backyard pests, such as Mexican bean beetles, aphids, squash bugs, and whiteflies. However, don’t apply rabbit or deer repellents that contain coyote urine.
What smells deter dogs?
At the top of the list of smells that repel dogs is the smell of citrus. Dogs’ distaste for oranges, lemons, grapefruit or the smell of same can be useful. Many dogs can be deterred from chewing on items that have been treated with citrus odors.
How do you make dog repellent?
How do you make homemade dog repellent? In a clean spray bottle, mix two tablespoons of distilled white vinegar and 20 drops of any citrus scented essential oil into one and a half cups of cold water. Mix well and spray in the places around your home that you want the dog to stay away from.
What is the best dog repellent?
11 Best Dog Repellents and Deterrents
- The Company of Animals Pet Corrector.
- PetSafe SprayShield.
- HALT Dog Repellent.
- Bodhi Dog Bitter Lemon Spray.
- Grannick’s Bitter Apple.
- SABRE Maximum Strength Protector Pepper Spray.
- Quit It! DRP-PT-1000 118ml Instant Pet Training Spray.
- Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Repellent.
Why is my dog destroying my plants?
Vermin and rodents in your garden may be causing your dog to destroy your plants, as they are likely chasing them around. Finding ways to seclude your garden or prevent animals from living in the garden would stop your dog from destroying the plants, as they would no longer be chasing the animals around.