What hardwood floor finish is best for dogs? Moisture-cured urethane is the most durable finish for homes with pets. However, It contains a lot of volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) that can aggravate pets and people, especially at first.
How do you finish hardwood floors on a dog?
Here are a few wood floor refinishing tips you can follow to keep your floors looking their best:
- Choose a Lighter Stain. Choosing a lighter stain will help to hide any minor damage your pet can cause. …
- Avoid Glossy Finishes. While a glossy finish can be tempting, pet owners should steer clear. …
- Trim Those Toenails.
What color hardwood floor is best for dogs?
Keep the color light
Lighter floors are the best hardwood floors for dogs and cats as they hide pet hair better, while dark floors reveal scratches and hair from shedding pets far more obviously.
How long should dogs stay off refinished hardwood floors?
Dogs on the other had, we recommend that they stay off the floors for up to two weeks. The reason being their nails can be harsh on the new finish while setting up.
What’s the most scratch resistant flooring?
What Flooring Is the Most Scratch-Resistant?
- Tile. Tile made from hard materials like ceramic or porcelain are among the most scratch resistant flooring. …
- Laminate. Laminate is a synthetic floor material made to look like wood and processed together in strips. …
Will dogs scratch hardwood floors?
Not really. Dogs could possibly cause some minor damage to hardwood floors, and in some cases, it will be more obvious than in others. … In general, textured and lower-sheen floors will hide any imperfections. Fortunately, all it takes to prevent a dog from scratching your floors is to clip his or her nails regularly.
Is hardwood or laminate better for dogs?
Laminate flooring stands up against pet messes but has little traction. An excellent choice for easy cleanup, laminate floors offer the beauty of hardwood with less maintenance. … Laminate flooring’s only disadvantage is its slippery sleekness; fast-moving dogs may end up skidding across the room and hurting themselves.
Will dogs scratch vinyl flooring?
For starters, vinyl is known for being a very durable material, you won’t have to worry about it getting scratched by your dog’s claws. It’s relatively inexpensive compared to most other flooring types.
What is the best way to clean hardwood floors?
The best way to clean hardwood floors and keep them in shape is to stick to a regular schedule of maintenance.
- Sweep, dust or dry mop daily.
- Vacuum weekly.
- Clean heavy-traffic areas with a damp mop twice a month.
- Clean with recommended hardwood floor cleaner once a month.